Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Ready, Set, Go...

Today is the first day of this blog.  I've got so many beautiful things to share and a few real-life struggles that are quite challenging. Regardless, I understand the growth process.  Therefore, I want to use this blog as an opportunity to share the prosperity on my journey and be realistic about my struggles.
So, let me start with some truths:


  • I am loved!  I am a glorious child of God and infinitely blessed.
  • I have great relationships with most people.  My glorious friends, colleagues and church family are a great support network.  But, I do struggle with my key relationship, which makes me sad, but doesn't define me.  
  • I have a life condition!, which means I am far from perfect but recognize that there is more opportunity to achieve prosperity even within situations of difficulty.  I will not be overwhelmed by the negative when I have so much more positive.  Yet, there are moments...
Now, let me share some goals and objectives for the next six months:

Financial Stability:
  • My goal is to pay off at least 4 creditors &
  • Start saving.
Physical Fitness:
  • Take vitamins (daily),
  • Continue to work on building knee and back strength,
  • Utilize the inversion table at least 3 times per week,
  • Lift weights at least 2 times per week &
  • Do medium-level cardio at least 3 times per week.
I know the above seems like "not a lot" if you know how hard I use to work, but with injury and a desire to not go overboard and quit - I want to be realistic!  

Spiritual/Emotional Health:


  • Take time for deep meditation and prayer every day,
  • Seek support to develop coping skills for primary relationships &
  • Recognize and own what is mine and release what is not.



  • Professional:


  • Build a solid program within the first 3 rotations,
  • Be a better support to other teachers in the building,
  • Improve communication with parents/community,
  • Build upon current advising activities &
  • Establish new programs that meet student needs.
  • Educational:


  • Focus on successful completion of my current course &
  • Enroll in the next level to complete the proposal!

  • Tangible:


  • Purge:  Clothes, book shelves, closet, attic & garage,
  • Establish and maintain a chore expectation with family,
  • Establish a "couponing" system &
  • Plan weekly meals that focus on healthy eating at home.

  • So, here goes Day 1:  Recognizing What Needs to Be Done!!!

    2 comments:

    1. This was so good to read....I have some of those challenges and would like to improve myself on a healthy side of my life...eating better, exercising and trying meditation, rather than medication. I would like to get closer to my religion but struggle with some of the people attached to my church and family. Certain attitudes right now towards a family member. Trying my best but finding that difficult. Hoping to keep a mellow attitude towards my job, for the last year. Would love to continue to have communication on your blog. I know I am not perfect and I believe I am a good person....just have to work on some attitudes. ❤️ U Miss Paulina......

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you for sharing. It is all part of the journey. I keep being reminded that we are not built to be alone and support networks are key to life success. In this journey, we can prosper together. And, as difficult as it may be, sometimes releasing toxic people (no matter how much we love them) is better for everyone involved. In reference to the "mellow" attitude, I'm with you. Sometimes circumstances light a fire, but sometimes that is where change happens. I'm in a phase of trying to establish homeostasis with life, work, family, school, church. Once that happens, I think I can better handle when things get off-kilter in a manner that won't tip me over. Again, thanks for sharing and good luck! (Looking forward to hearing from you soon.)

      ReplyDelete